Looking for a lightweight and easy to use weed eater for a woman? Today we are sharing our top picks for the best weed wackers for women to use.
Best Weed Eaters for Women: Our Top Picks for 2021
Yard maintenance is one of the household tasks that tends to become even more arduous when using the wrong type and size of equipment.
This is especially true for women, who generally look for lawn and garden tools that are lightweight and easy to use.
If you’re searching for the best weed eaters for a woman, you want one that’s easy to start, simple to maneuver and one with a smaller grip to fit the smaller hands and ensure a comfortable, steady grip.
Whether you’re looking for the easiest gas weed eater to use or just a simple cordless string trimmer, we’ve got you covered!
In this post, you will find a run down of our 7 top picks for the best weed wackers available in the market today.
- Automatic Feed Spool (AFS) technology of the edger/trimmer eliminates bumping for hassle-free line feeding that helps you work without interruptions
This offering from Black and Decker is part of their COMMAND Power family. It delivers tremendous power to cut through grass within a minimum amount of time. It’s also a great weed eater for women, as it doesn’t need that much effort to handle. A woman or a short person will be more than enough to handle this trimmer safely and effectively.
- At just 3.19 lbs it is the lightest weed eater we found.
- Lightweight and compact, with great battery life
- Perfect for ladies, short people, and senior citizens
- Powerful, efficient, and clean
- Works great with other Black & Decker products
- Superb runtime with no unnecessary interruptions
- Power drive transmission system with 2-speed control
- Ideal for only light to medium lawn care work
- The auto feed will sometimes waste line unnecessarily
- 13inches Cutting swath with 0.080inches Line.Motor Type : Brushed, Number of Pieces : 6
This is a 20V battery powered weed wacker from Craftsman that offers a portable, quiet solution to your yard maintenance needs. In order to maximize the power of the battery and optimize its battery life, the trimmer provides two speed settings, which allows you control over the power and runtime of the trimmer. The battery pack can also transfer to any number of Craftsman tools with a compatible battery pack.
- Weight: 6.3 lbs.
- 2 speed settings that let you balance the trimmer’s power and its runtime
- The push button feed system delivers precise trimmer string at the touch of a button
- Adjustable length pole that helps with ergonomics
- The battery pack is compatible with a good variety of Craftsman tools
- Only comes with one battery
- Adjustable telescoping shaft to fit the user’s height. Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental unplugging
If you’re on a budget, this is another great option. It’s a small weed eater, but it features a 13-inch cutting pack, which is larger than most options in this market segment. You can also trim at multiple angles, which is certainly a life saver in some difficult lawn care situations. The head of the trimmer can rotate 90 degrees, and it comes with an edging wheel, which lets you morph into an edger in a matter of seconds.
- Weight: 7lbs.
- Great value for money
- The pivoting head is a great feature for some situations
- Has a 13-foot cutting path
- Can quickly turn into an edge trimmer
- Battery is sold separately
- 2IN1 DESIGN – Easily rotates 180 degrees from a cordless string trimmer to an edger for versatile use.
This is an all in one weed wacker that can transform into an edge trimmer. It comes with a sweeper, which helps make maintaining a lawn a little easier. It also has quite a powerful motor, which produces less noise. The secondary handle on the shaft also makes maneuvering the weed wacker easy, though you can’t adjust it precisely to your needs.
- String Trimmer is only 4.5 lbs. T
- The kit comes with a sweeper included
- Comes with an automatic feed spool and variable speed options
- Batteries comes included as standard
- Can convert into an edger
- Unimpressive battery life
- Handle is not adjustable
- [2-TOOLS-IN-1] Get all your edging and trimming done with just one tool. Save yourself the expense of buying a separate edger.Blow Speed : 120mph
This is one of the best options on this list for women or short people. Worx is quite a renowned brand in the string trimmers industry, with its wide range of industry leading weed whackers. The Worx WG163 is designed with women and short persons in mind. It features a 12-inch cutting width, allowing you to cut a lot of grass with less effort. It also weighs in at around 5 pounds, which makes it easy to maneuver and use for extended periods of time.
- Lightweight (6 lbs.) and maneuverable
- Comes with a powerful motor packed into an easy-to-use package
- Spacer guard
- Smart cutting width
- Can convert into an edger
- You might have to change its original string as it’s a bit weak
- You have to adjust the swivel spin head to get the perfect cutting edge
- Powerful 20-volt trimmer with 2.0Ah lithium-ion battery and fast charger included in the package; Durable and reliable motor with a superior run-time.Speed : 9000 RPM
The Earthwise LST02010 is a great battery powered option for small gardens. It comes in a compact and lightweight package that is easy to maneuver. It’s perfect for seniors who enjoy doing a little gardening because it is easy to use, and the lightweight nature helps avoid operator fatigue. This weed eater is also quite affordable, providing you great value for your money.
- Only weights 4 lbs.
- Offers excellent value for money
- Lightweight for comfort and user-friendly operation
- Great for small areas
- Adjustable handle height
- Has minimal runtime of about 20 minutes on a single charge, which is fine for smaller jobs but not for large projects
Weed Wackers for Women FAQ’S
How do you start a weed wacker?
It’s generally not too hard to start a weed eater. Here is how you start one:
For Electric Models
- Plug your unit into a power outlet. If you have a sizeable yard, consider getting a power extension cord
- Check the battery and make sure it’s charged up before your session
- Pull the trigger. Once you pull the trigger, the string should start spinning and you can start your job.
For Gas-Powered Models
- Find the right spot: Place your unit on a flat surface and move any obstacle around.
- Check the gas tank: Make sure you have the right mixture of gas and oil (specific to your model), and the tank is closed.
- Switch on the machine: Find the power on/off switch and turn it on.
- Switch on the choke: To “cold start” your unit, switch the choke to the right position. The purpose of the choke is to restrict the amount of airflow getting into the engine, making starting it up more effortless
- Press the purge valve: This will let fresh gas into its carburetor
- Pull the cord: Place your hand on the throttle lock and pull the cord
- Run the engine: When the engine starts to run, stop pulling the cord. Give the engine about 15 seconds to warm up
How dangerous are weed wackers?
Generally speaking, weed wackers are quite safe.
However, just like any other power tool, they can be dangerous when used improperly. One of the main concerns with using weed wacker is that they are designed to rotate a blade or sting at high speeds, which ideally cuts grass, but can also throw stones and other objects at high speeds while in use.
To avoid injury, consider the following tips:
· Make sure that all the safety devices on the weed wacker are in place and that they function correctly. Most of them feature guards to deflect objects from being thrown around.
· Read the manual to understand the specifications of the machine you’re using
· Get rid of any objects that could be struck by the machine, and pause whenever a person or car comes too close to your work area
· Wear the right PPE when using a weed wacker. These include safety glasses, a long sleeve shirt, long pants, face shield, long socks, and safety toe boots that cover the ankle.
We hope this post has helped you choose the best light weight and easy to use weed eater for your needs, whether it’s for a woman, teenager or just someone looking for a smaller tool to get the job done!