A garden hose is arguably one of the most important gardening tools for any avid gardener out there. With the best hose reel carts, you will be able to make better use of your gardening hose while maximizing its useful life.
Your Guide To The Best Hose Reel Carts
For starters, a hose reel cart will help you store your hose in an organized and convenient way. This helps keep the hose in the best condition for as long as possible.
Most importantly, a garden hose reel with wheels makes it easier for you to use the hose just about anywhere by making it highly mobile.
Simply put, the best hose reel cart will not only make your garden hose more portable but will also extend the life of your hose because the cart also:
- ensures convenient storage
- keeps it from twisting and kinking
- protects it from being stepped or driven on
- provides UV protection from the sun, which can deteriorate hoses quickly.
Before you run out and buy a new hose reel cart, you need to have a clear idea of what to look for.
- High quality construction
- Sufficient hose carrying capacity
- And wheel type are some of the main features you should look for when shopping for a hose reel cart.
With that in mind, here’s a list of 5 of the best gardening hose reel carts on the market.
If you are looking for a heavy duty hose reel cart that will handle regular day to day abuse, in both landscaping and gardening applications, while still looking stylish, the Liberty Garden 870-M1-2 is exactly what you need. This top selling cart on Amazon is built for industrial use; the cart is made of a sturdy metal frame standing on four wheels to ensure utmost durability and stability when you’re wheeling it around your yard.
• Highly durable thanks to the sturdy powder coated 13 gauge steel frame built to stand up well to regular use and exposure to the elements.
• High capacity that will comfortably hold a 300 ft long, 5/8 inch watering hose
• Comes with a five feet long lead hose and galvanized and brass fixtures
• Unrivalled stability thanks to its 4 extra large rubber pneumatic tires
• Owners are recommended to apply a protective layer of clear paint annually to keep the metallic elements from rusting.
No, we are not being lazy…that really is the name of this cart. For those looking for a functional and stylish hose reel cart that is designed to sturdier than plastic carts, while still being unsusceptible to rust, this Aluminum Hose Reel cart is definitely worth considering. The cart features a mixed material design that includes soft touch wheels and an anodized aluminum frame.
• Sleek design featuring anodized aluminum and soft touch plastics.
• Uses rust resistant materials
• Features the highly reliable watering system from Never Leak
• Easy winding thanks to the inclusion of a step in the design
• The plastic handles and wheels are considered to be the weakest bits of the cart with some owners reporting that they breakdown easily – after a year or so – with heavy use.
Do you need to move an extra long – up to 400 ft – and thick water hose on a regular basis? If so, this hose reel cart is a great option. Another heavy duty cart, this product is specifically designed to meet the needs of the most demanding gardening and landscaping applications.
• Heavy duty construction thanks to the powder coated tubular steel frame and brass fixtures
• Effortless mobility due to the four 10 inch flat free-tire and pull behind handle feature
• Straightforward connections are possible with the 6 foot leader hose included with the cart
• Extra storage is available thanks to the inclusion of a basket in the design
• Steel parts may require regular recoating with anti corrosion paint to keep them from rusting
4) Eley Portable Garden Hose Reel Cart
Designed to be highly durable and portable, the Eley Portable Garden hose reel cart features a back saving design, sturdy frame and wide wheelbase. To ease the pressure on your back when reeling in the hose, this cart also comes with a high reel that makes reeling in your hose pipe much easier.
• Durable construction featuring rust resistant materials/components such as die-cast aluminum and brass fixtures
• 10 inch flat free tires
• High mounted reel for easy winding
• Include polyurethane lead hose
• Comes with a no leak, no break warranty valid for 10 years
• Like other lightweight hose reel carts, the Eley hose reel cart is prone to tipping when unwinding the hose
Another high capacity, four wheeled hose reel cart, this garden hose reel cart is designed to meet the needs of highly demanding applications. Designed for versatile use, this cart also features a padded handle for comfortable pushing and pulling.
• Heavy duty 13-gauge steel construction with a powdered- rust and weather resistant finish
• Galvanized/Brass fixtures
• Padded handle for easy pulling and pushing
• Design includes a basket compartment for additional storage space
• Stands on 4 stable 10 inch pneumatic tires
• Like other steel carts on this list, the frame requires regular application of anti-corrosion coating to protect it from rust
This best selling hose reel cart is popular for it’s affordability and durability. Perfect for the standard homeowner who’s just looking for a simple, yet reliable hose real cart to use in the yard. This cart is touted by current owners for being sturdy and conveniently coming fully assembled.
- Compact design saves space and keeps your patio open
- Designed from molded plastic which will resist rust
- Stores 175 feet of standard 5/8 hose
- Reasonably priced
- Quick connect leader hose makes hook up super easy
- Not designed for use with heavy duty hoses
- Plastic will not last as long as other aluminum products
More Lawn Care Product Reviews
Hose Reel Cart FAQ’s
Is a Hose Reel Worth The Cost?
Definitely! On average, a high quality garden hose that is around 100 feet long costs anywhere from $75 to $100. These hoses can be heavy, making them difficult to move. Furthermore they are easily damaged by extended exposure to direct sunlight, abrasions and twisting among others.
A high quality hose reel cart will facilitate easy and convenient movement and storage of your watering hose, saving you from having to replace it every now and then due to irreparable damage.
How Do Hose Reel Carts Work?
To use your watering hose, just carry the hose reel cart to where it is needed and then connect the lead hose to a nearby water outlet, unwind the hose, as needed, then open the nozzle on the opposite end of the hose and start watering away!
Once you are done, disconnect the lead pipe from the water outlet and then reel in your watering hose, before carrying it back to storage.
How Do You Thread a Hose Reel?
To thread a hose in your new hose reel, simply start by assembling the hose reel cart. After you are done, run one end of your hose on the inside of the reel and attach it to the reel’s swivel – normally on the outer side of the reel – through the flange opening. Once this is done, carefully wind the remaining length of the watering hose on to the reel taking care not to twist it at any point.